The pandemic is officially over, yet it continues to pose a significant challenge to Federal agencies, particularly in the area of reasonable accommodation. COVID continues to keep many people from returning to the physical workplace. And the long-term impacts of COVID are now being felt.
Join FELTG Instructor and Attorney at Law Katherine Atkinson for this two-hour class to ensure you are prepared for this new world of reasonable accommodation.
Employee needs, physical conditions, and medication adjustments evolve over extended periods. Once successful accommodations may no longer be effective. You must have a process in place to properly re-evaluate the effectiveness of employees’ accommodations.Get ready, you’re going to hear a lot about the word “telework” in these accommodation discussions. After all, employees successfully worked remotely for almost two years, so why wouldn’t it be a viable and effective accommodation? Are you prepared to make the right determination on a request to telework as an accommodation?
New conditions have emerged over the last couple of years, and you should be ready to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with long haul COVID, breathing challenges, and mental health conditions.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Effectively revisit existing accommodations.
- Use the interactive process to find an effective reasonable accommodation.
- Determine if telework is an effective accommodation.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
Date and Time
Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 1:00 – 3:00 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (payment required by May 30)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (payments made May 31 or later)
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available until May 30. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available until May 30.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.