A supervisor sees his employee going into an investigation interview and says, “Just don’t play the race card.” An employee, who was provided new software as a reasonable accommodation, tells you weeks later that her computer has “been glitchy” since the new software was added.
When EEO challenges arise, they rarely show up as run-of-the-mill simple scenarios you’ve worked through in a training class. Are you an EEO professional, attorney or advisor eager to learn how to more effectively manage the unexpected EEO issues? Are you looking for guidance to answer challenging questions, such as: Can an agency be held liable for retaliation in a disciplinary action if the deciding official was unaware of the employee’s prior protected activity? Or when does misuse of an employee’s pronoun constitute sex-based harassment or discrimination?
FELTG’s three-day Advanced EEO virtual training event is an in-depth, highly interactive training that will give you the necessary tools and practical guidance to manage these challenging situations and questions. There will be some basic review of foundational principles followed by breakout workshops where attendees will work through scenarios, building not just knowledge, but a process for effectively responding in all EEO situations, regardless of how perplexing they may be.
Tuesday, July 16, 2024
Advanced Reasonable Accommodation Issues: Ineffective accommodations; check-ins with employees after granting an accommodation; how to spot reasonable accommodation requests; ensuring your agency is equipped to handle religious accommodations; the difference between religious and disability accommodations; and much more.
Wednesday, July 17, 2024
Advanced Hostile Work Environment, Sex Discrimination, and Reprisal Issues: Gender identity and sexual orientation after Bostock; recognizing microaggressions and other harassment related to gender identity; how microaggressions can show discriminatory motive; what is per se retaliation, what to do when you see it; and much more.
Thursday, July 18, 2024
Advanced Settlement and Summary Judgment: Why and when to consider settlement; drafting plain language agreements; structuring agreements; identifying limits on settlement terms; preparing and organizing for summary judgment; motion procedures and standards; writing the motion; editing the motion; and much more.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace. Attend both days to earn your EEO counselor and investigator refresher hours.
Date and Time
July 16-18, 2024
12:30 – 4:30 pm ET each day, with a 30-minute break midway
Most people attend both training days, but you may opt out of any days you don’t plan to attend.
Early Bird Tuition (register by June 16):
- 3 days = $1095
- 2 days = $825
- 1 day = $495
Standard Tuition (register June 17 – July 18):
- 3 days = $1195
- 2 days = $925
- 1 day = $595
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals for the full event. Group discounts are available through June 16.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.