If a federal employee is required to have access to classified information, then the employee must be eligible for a security clearance in order to keep that position. What happens when that employee no longer has that clearance? What role does the MSPB play? What proof does the agency need to provide if the employee appeals a removal? What are the pitfalls that agencies need to avoid?
During this two-hour virtual event, Ann Boehm will detail how to handle a security clearance revocation and any resulting indefinite suspension or removal from employment. Ms. Boehm spent 26 years as a government attorney, focusing primarily on employment and labor law in federal enforcement agencies, so she’s just the person to answer any questions you might have – and she’ll do so in this live event.
This is an important topic that can’t be ignored. Employee security clearances are a matter of national security, and they must be handled appropriately.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify and understand the executive orders pertaining to national security.
- Understand the National Security Adjudicative Guidelines.
- Recognize the agency’s burden when removing or suspending for failure to maintain a security clearance.
Date and Time
August 24, 2023, 1 – 3 pm ET
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition (register by August 9): $295
- Standard Tuition (register August 10 or later): $325
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through August 9. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through August 9.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.