Maybe you envision yourself donning a Sherlock Holmes hat and cape. Or, perhaps, your model is the masterful Benoit Blanc of Knives Out Mystery fame. If only the work of a Federal administrative investigation was as easy as these fictional detectives make their jobs seem. Instead, there are more than enough opportunities for you to come out looking like a bumbling Inspector Clouseau.
During her distinguished Federal (and post-Federal) career, Roslyn Brown has seen her fair share of investigations that have gone the wrong way. It could be an investigator’s failure to interview certain witnesses, a failure to take a complainant’s statement into account, or, perhaps, an action, such as a widely shared email, that shows a lack of objectivity. An investigator’s failure to stay up to date with case law could sink a case, as could the inability to meet your deadlines.
Over the course of an afternoon, Ms. Brown will provide guidance on how to conduct a timely and effective investigation, while identifying the pitfalls that have doomed such efforts in the past.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Collect relevant evidence during the investigation.
- Refine their investigation skills.
- Identify the pitfalls that that derail effective investigations.
Attendees can also earn up to 3.5 EEO refresher credits by attending this session.
This session is a part of FELTG’s weeklong virtual training event Federal Workplace 2023: Accountability, Challenges, and Trends. Visit here for more information on the full event.
Date and Time
August 4, 2023, 1 – 4:30 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by July 6): $395
- Standard Tuition (register July 7 or later): $495
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through July 6. Contact FELTG. REGISTER NOW.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through July 6.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.