If you’ve attended FELTG accountability training, you know the numerous pitfalls that can derail an agency’s disciplinary action, whether it’s suspension, demotion, or removal. But even when executed correctly, traditional discipline can sometimes make a bad situation worse. For example: You suspend an employee and create more work for everyone else on the team. Sometimes, the most “effective and efficient” approach is not a traditional disciplinary action. Late last year, OPM issued regulations that removed a prohibition on clean record agreements, returning to agencies a tool “to resolve informal and formal complaints.” It is one of many alternative disciplinary tools Federal supervisors have. In this two-hour virtual training, FELTG Instructor Ann Boehm will explain why, how, and when to use numerous alternative actions, including not just clean record agreements, but also:
- Last chance agreements
- Last rites agreements
- Paper suspensions
- Reprimands in lieu of suspensions
- And more
The goal of discipline is to rehabilitate. In certain circumstances, alternative sanctions are the more effective approach. You’ll leave this session knowing how to identify the right disciplinary alternative for your situation and the appropriate steps to see it all the way through successfully. Attendees will learn how to:
- Appropriately draft documents for alternative discipline.
- Explain the difference between last chance agreements and last rites agreements.
- Discuss the benefits of reprimand in lieu of suspension.
Date and Time
Tuesday, May 21, 2024, 1:00 – 3:00 pm eastern.
- Early Bird Tuition: $345 (payment required by May 3)
- Standard Tuition: $385 (payments made May 4-21)
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through May 3. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through May 3.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.