If one of your agency’s employees had a mental health crisis in the workplace, would you know what to do? And with many employees still working remotely, how would you even know?
Almost 18 percent of all adults have a mental illness diagnosis at some point in their lives. We already had a mental health problem in this country before COVID-19 pandemic, which exacerbated the crisis in this country.
This virtual training program will provide highly practical guidance and straight-forward advice on dealing with the very unique challenges you face at this time. Licensed Clinical Social Work Shana Palmieri will de-stigmatize the truth about “mental illness” and will explain the impact various mental health conditions have on individuals, and those they work with. She’ll provide strategies for effectively supervising and managing employees with these conditions, even as they work remotely. Ms. Palmieri will answer challenging questions, such as:
- What do you do if you suspect a mental health crisis and the employee won’t answer his phone?
- How do you provide constructive criticism to someone who exhibits narcissistic behavior?
- If you suspect that one of your employees has a mental impairment, what can you do beyond directing them to EAP?
- What are the symptoms of a personality disorder?
Attendees will learn how to walk the tenuous line between providing accommodations and support for a mental health condition and holding employees accountable for their work performance. Attend this timely virtual training event and learn strategies to:
- Improve performance and success for employees with mental health conditions.
- Communicate effectively with all employees.
- Successfully accommodate employees with behavioral health conditions.
- Set appropriate boundaries and expectations in the workplace.
- Handle a crisis or outburst in the workplace.
This class focuses on the practical and clinical side of managing employees with behavioral health conditions, rather than the legal side.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
Date and Time
Monday, August 28, 2023, 1-3 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (register by August 11)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (register August 12-28)
- Rates per registrant.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through August 11.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.