Discovery is a critical and effective part of any litigation – when conducted properly. Annoying and abusive discovery techniques could have negative consequences, and possibly even lead to sanctions. From disrespect and profanity in depositions to the other party refusing to produce requested documents, it’s important to be prepared for any situation. In this half-day class, Attorney at Law Katherine Atkinson will provide you with a grounding in the Federal Rules of Evidence, as well as the procedural methods for the MSPB and EEOC. Ms. Atkinson will offer guidance on all forms of written discovery – interrogatories, document requests, depositions, and requests for admission – and she’ll review possible sanctions and how best to avoid them.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Most effectively request and respond to requests for written discovery.
- Recognize actions that could lead to sanctions.
- Differentiate between the discovery procedures of the MSPB and EEOC.
Date and Time
December 12, 2023, 1 – 4:30 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by November 27): $370
- Standard Tuition (register November 28 or later): $395
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through November 27. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through November 27.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.