Robust. Uninhibited. Wide-open. These are words the U.S. Supreme Court used to describe the type of debate by union officials that is considered “protected activity.” But how robust, uninhibited or wide open? And when? Those are the questions that Ann Boehm will answer during this training.
There are many tales of profanity, shouting, rough speech, and bullying taking place between union reps when performing representational duties — and not just during negotiations. Ms. Boehm will share several cases that highlight robust activity that were considered “protected activity” and provide details of FLRA decisions that illustrate behavior that very clearly crossed the line into misconduct.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recognize when a union representative’s behavior is outside the bounds of protected activity.
- Effectively respond when union officials’ behavior turns threatening.
- Use the disciplinary framework and Douglas factors to determine appropriate penalty.
Date and Time
Thursday, February 22, 2024, 1-3 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition: $345 (payments required by February 6)
- Standard Tuition: $385 (payments made after February 6)
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through February 6. Contact FELTG
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through February 6.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.