Download Individual Registration Form
President Biden’s Executive Order requires all Federal employees to be vaccinated with no option for regular coronavirus testing to opt out of the mandate. What does this mean for employees who refuse to get vaccinated? Are there any religious exemptions that would allow employees to continue to work without vaccination? What about employees who cannot get vaccinated due to a disability – can agencies accommodate them?
Attorney Katherine Atkinson will not only share with you the latest guidance from the president’s EO, the EEOC and the CDC, but she will also explain how applying the basic EEO framework can answer the aforementioned and other puzzling EEO questions you may suddenly face. Because Ms. Atkinson will use a legal analysis to address these challenges, the answers and guidance you receive during this virtual training will be useful long after the coronavirus is gone.
Beyond the vaccination mandate, Ms. Atkinson will also help you answer the following questions and more
- If a supervisor treats an employee like she has COVID-19, could that employee have a “regarded as” claim under the ADA/Rehabilitation Act?
- How would you handle an employee’s claim that he’s being harassed because he is at high risk for COVID-19, or has recovered from the virus?
- Does asking the pre-vaccination screening questions create a violation of Title II of the Genetic Information and Nondiscrimination Act?
Plus, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the unique problems you’re facing during these unprecedented times.
Attendees will learn how to determine:
- Whether an employee with COVID-19 or pre-existing respiratory sensitivities should receive a reasonable accommodation.
- How pregnant women fit into the framework of EEO and COVID-19.
This program runs from 1:00 – 4:30 eastern, with a 30-minute break from 2:30 – 3:00 eastern.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition (register by September 3): $355
- Standard Tuition (register September 4 or later): $395
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through September 17. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Webex to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Webex access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through September 17.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.