The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is already accepting charges for the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. Has your agency received any PWFA claims? Are you even aware of your responsibilities under the PWFA? Does the act create a new EEO category? How do pregnancy protections under the PWFA differ from those under Title VII and the Americans with Disabilities Act?
In this two-hour presentation, Attorney at Law Katie Atkinson will share everything you need to know about the PWFA. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify reasonable accommodations for pregnant employees.
- Recognize actions prohibited under the WPFA.
- Understand how the EEOC will analyze charges regarding accommodations for employees affected by pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Date and Time
September 14, 2023, 1 – 3 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by August 30): $295
- Standard Tuition (register August 31 or later): $325
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through August 30. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through August 30.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.