Handling Cases Before the EEOC, MSPB and in Arbitration: Best Practices for Representatives
Litigating cases in federal sector employment law is a unique prospect, and isn’t for the unprepared. In addition, taking a case to arbitration is also a world of its own. This half-day virtual class focuses on providing tips to practice effectively and successfully in administrative hearings before the EEOC, MSPB, and in arbitration. Learn the similarities and differences between these forums, how to get organized for the hearing, and the techniques of effective direct- and cross-examination, and gain insight to the thought processes of the adjudicators. Plus, you’ll receive an overview of the available appellate procedures – from someone who has vast experience .
Attendees will learn:
- The unique aspects to practicing before the EEOC, MSPB and in arbitration
- The best techniques for persuading the adjudicator
- How to handle hearings in a virtual setting
- They ways in which administrative hearings are NOT like litigating in court
Plus, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the unique problems you’re facing during these unprecedented times. This program runs from 12:30 – 4:00 eastern, with a 30-minute break from 2:00 – 2:30 eastern.
- Early Bird Tuition (register by October 26): $340
- Standard Tuition (register October 27-November 5): $380
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through October 12. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Webex to broadcast its Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Webex access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through October 12.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.