Violence is on the upswing across the country, and mass shootings have taken place at concerts, in shopping centers, in subways — and in workplaces. This violence and other stressors, such as inflation and lingering partisan bitterness about pandemic-related issues, have many people on edge at the same time that agencies are bringing employees back to the physical workplace, after over two years of isolation for many.
Join FELTG Instructor Shana Palmieri, LCSW, as she provides critical information about managing these workplace challenges, including vital guidance on responding to possible threats to self or to others, and practical, effective techniques to de-escalate potentially dangerous situations at Federal agencies.
Attendees will leave with answers to the following questions:
- What warning signs do employees exhibit when they are considering violence?
- What steps should you take if an employee threatens suicide or violence?
- What are the agency’s options when the threat comes from someone outside the workplace such as a spouse, family member, or extremist?
Crisis management in the Federal workplace is a crucial area to understand — it truly is a matter of life and death. This session, held from 1:00-3:00pm eastern, is too important to miss.
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (register by July 5)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (register July 6 or later)
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through July 5. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through July 5.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.