Whether you’re representing your agency before the Merit Systems Protection Board or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, there is one ultimate goal: Win the case. There is no other class that will prepare you better for these kinds of hearings. FELTG Instructor Katherine Atkinson is an experienced litigator. She will walk you through each step of the process from the acknowledgement order through your closing statement, to ensure that you meet that ultimate goal.
On the first day, Ms. Atkinson will share strategies for developing a theory of the case, and offer guidance for the process including discovery, depositions, and motions practice. The second day will focus on developing the record, plus offer tips on litigation techniques to improve your skills – and make your position stand out. Ms. Atkinson will deliver the content in practical, useful modules that provide the student with the tools needed to effectively practice employment law and represent the client when it matters most.
This two-day special event will be presented live, and you’ll have time to ask questions and get answers in real time.
Wednesday, August 9
Developing a Theory: Strategies for developing a theory of the case; requesting and responding to written discovery requests (Interrogatories, Requests for Documents and Requests for Admissions); taking and defending depositions.
Thursday, August 10
Developing the Record: Pre-hearing submissions; opening statements; direct examination; cross examination; closing statements.
Date and Time
Wednesday, August 9, 2023 – Thursday, August 10, 2023
1 pm – 4:30pm ET each day
- Early Bird Tuition: $370 per session, $695 for both sessions (register by July 26).
- Standard Tuition: $395 per session, $750 for both sessions (register July 27 – August 10).
- Rates per registrant. No split registrations permitted.
- Want to register a group? Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for its Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- If an agency wishes to register 10 or more attendees for the full event, a group discount will be applied if all registrations are received and paid for together. Group discount deadline is July 26.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.