In litigation, winning the case for the client is the ultimate goal. This virtual training session details everything you need to know for a successful hearing before the MSPB or EEOC, whether it’s held in-person or virtually. FELTG Instructor and experienced litigator Katherine Atkinson will walk you through each step from the acknowledgement order through your closing statement, to ensure that you develop a winning case.
On the first day, Ms. Atkinson will share strategies for developing a theory of the case, and offer guidance for the process including discovery, depositions, and motions practice. The second day will focus on developing the record, plus offer tips on litigation techniques to improve your skills – and make your position stand out. Ms. Atkinson will deliver the content in practical, useful modules that provide the student with the tools needed to effectively practice employment law and represent the client when it matters most.
Join FELTG for this special event, from wherever you are working – agency office or home. The program will be presented live, and you’ll have time to ask questions and get answers in real time.
This program runs from 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm eastern each day, with a 30-minute break from 2:00 – 2:30 eastern.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys; Labor and Employee Relations Specialists; Union Representatives.
Wednesday, July 14
Developing a Theory: Strategies for developing a theory of the case; requesting and responding to written discovery requests (Interrogatories, Requests for Documents and Requests for Admissions); taking and defending depositions.
Thursday, July 15
Developing the Record: Pre-hearing submissions; opening statements; direct examination; cross examination; closing statements.
- Early Bird Tuition: $340 per session, $650 for both sessions (register by June 28).
- Standard Tuition: $390 per session, $695 for both sessions (register June 29-July 15).
- Rates per registrant. No split registrations permitted.
- Want to register a group? Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Webex for its Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Webex access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- If an agency wishes to register 10 or more attendees for the full event, a group discount will be applied if all registrations are received and paid for together. Group discount deadline is June 28.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.