When it comes to EEO, there are two types of supervisors — those who have never been involved in a complaint and are intimidated by the process, and those who have been involved in a complaint and are still intimidated. OK, so that may be an exaggeration. But here’s the truth: EEO matters give most supervisors a sense of weariness and dread that often turn bad situations worse.
This two-hour virtual training program gives supervisors the tools and confidence to navigate EEO issues that arise, defend against allegations of discrimination and harassment, and avoid falling into the reprisal trap. And it provides those who advise supervisors with clear-cut strategies and a path through EEO challenges.
FELTG President Deborah J. Hopkins will lay the groundwork for understanding EEO law and defenses against complaints. Instructor Susan Schneider will discuss the specific challenges supervisors face and share time-tested wisdom on how to recover and rebuild workplace morale during the process, and after an EEO claim has been resolved.
Productivity and engagement increase when supervisors have a firm grasp on EEO matters. Don’t let fear and lack of knowledge derail you and your team.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the theories of discrimination in the Federal workplace.
- Recognize the pitfalls that often lead to discrimination complaints.
- Restore the relationship with the employee who filed the claim.
Date and Time
Wednesday, July 26, 2023, 1:00 – 3:00 pm eastern.
Deborah J. Hopkins, Susan Schneider
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (payment required by July 10)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (payments made July 11 or later)
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through July 10. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through July 10.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.