Your agency has until March 23 to put together a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility (DEIA) strategic plan that not only identifies “strategies to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility,” but also to “eliminate, where applicable, barriers to equity, in Federal workforce functions” such as hiring. This half-day virtual session will give you the guidance you need to ensure ensure your hiring practices are nondiscriminatory and align with the federal merit system principles.
Even if you weren’t facing down a deadline, you know: The federal hiring process is a challenging one that requires patience. Those who hurry the hiring process are not only likely to make a mistake in hiring, but they may also end up without sufficient documentation to combat a discrimination complaint, making the allegation difficult to defend against.
FELTG instructor and attorney at law Katherine Atkinson will explain the types of interview questions that cause problems, and will discuss selection panel roles and responsibilities, including ensuring the selecting officials implement best practices to develop and maintain evidence demonstrating the non-selection was neither discriminatory nor retaliatory.
Join FELTG for this special event, from wherever you are working — agency office or home. The program will be presented live, and you’ll have time to ask questions and get answers in real time. This program runs from 1:00 – 4:30 pm eastern, with a 30-minute break from 2:30 – 3:00.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
- Early Bird Tuition: $355 (register by March 2)
- Standard Tuition: $395 (register March 3 or later)
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through March 2. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through March 2.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.