Download Individual Registration Form
First it was the Supreme Court ruling two years ago. And then President Biden’s first-day-in-office Executive Order made it even more clear: You are expected to enforce workplace discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity, as well as promote diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) with agency employees, customers and grantees.
This two-hour virtual training, led by Attorney at Law and FELTG President Deborah Hopkins, will provide a detailed overview of workplace discrimination laws, and dig into guidance and best practices on topics including gender stereotyping as sex discrimination, transgender protections, and sexual orientation – an important part of this administration’s focus on providing equity to traditionally underserved communities.
Deborah Hopkins will also explain how to addresses unconscious biases and microaggressions in the workplace, actions which, if left unchecked, can lead to discrimination or a hostile work environment for individuals in the LGTBQ community.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Comply with the relevant Biden Executive Orders.
- Ensure legal protections for transgender employees.
- Identify acts of microaggression against LGBTQ employees, as well as those influenced by implicit bias.
- Recognize and define harassment.
- Respond appropriately and effectively when you see a microaggression in the workplace.
This session will be held from 1:00 – 3:00pm ET.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (register by May 27)
- Standard Tuition: $345 (register May 28-June 9)
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available until May 27. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available until May 27.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.