When President Biden took office, he issued a flurry of Executive Orders that made it clear diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) are priorities in the Federal Workplace.
It’s now 20 months later: Have you done anything to advance DEIA at your agency? And, if so, what were the results?
In this half-day training, FELTG Instructor and Attorney at Law Katherine Atkinson will provide the foundation you need to jumpstart your DEIA efforts or take them to the next level. After an overview of civil rights law, Ms. Atkinson will share everything you need to know to foster DEIA at your agency, including:
- What the EO says about agency obligations to underserved communities
- What you should know about preventing and correcting harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Ensuring adherence to the Merit Systems principles, especially as they apply to the hiring process
- Why and how some agencies are focusing on the concept of belonging
- What microaggressions look like
- How to determine your own implicit biases
Plus, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the unique problems you’re facing during these unprecedented times. The training will take place from 1 – 4:30 pm ET with a 30-minute break midway.
- Identify the laws, regulations and Executive Orders that require your agency to promote DEIA in the workplace
- Understand legally problematic selection processes and learn remedies to overcome the imbalance
- Overcome the tendency to exhibit microaggressions in the workplace
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
- Early Bird Tuition (register by September 13): $355
- Standard Tuition (September 14 or later): $395
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through September 13. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through September 13.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.