The federal hiring process requires patience. If you’ve finally been granted approval to fill a position, you may be tempted to get someone hired as quickly as possible. But, wait just a moment. Take the time to do it correctly.
This interactive half-day virtual training will prepare managers for conducting legal and successful job interviews. Barbara Haga will share guidance on how to make the most out of interviewing and checking references, from crafting an accurate position description, to asking the right questions, to assessing a candidate’s ability to perform the job.
- Preparing defensible questions for applicants
- Using behavior-based questions to get answers about depth of experience and knowledge
- The requirement to interview all and ask the exact same questions of all candidates – myth or reality?
- Interview practices that work and things to avoid
- Reference checking – getting job-related information from current and past supervisors
Whether you’re in HR or are a supervisor who is looking to hire someone, you’ll want to be sure to make plans to join us. Register today!
- Early Bird Tuition (register by November 22): $340
- Standard Tuition (register November 23-December 7): $380
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.