Download Individual Registration Form
There is one action you can take that, when done effectively, could have a major impact on your team’s morale and productivity. This action is something that you should be doing on a regular basis, yet it’s often overlooked amid your busy schedule. What’s this transformative action? It’s giving your employees honest, and ongoing, feedback.
During this half-day interactive virtual training experience, FELTG Instructor Anthony Marchese, Ph.D., will equip participants with the necessary tools to nurture a culture of candor that will lead to healthy and actionable feedback. You’ll learn best practices for motivating and recognizing employees, and neuroscience-based strategies for maximizing performance even when leading employees in a virtual environment. Dr. Marchese will also expose feedback myths and share the ineffective practices that you need to avoid.
Don’t let anxiety, frustration, or confusion prevent you from having honest performance-related discussions with your employees. Providing feedback effectively is a skill that can — and should — be developed. Fix performance problems before they begin. Make your agency a more efficient place to work.
This interactive session will include breakout groups, giving participants a chance to interact with each other.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Communicate performance expectations.
- Supervise effectively in a virtual environment.
- Differentiate between positive and negative framing.
- Identify behavioral styles, including your own, to provide feedback that is better understood and more useful.
Also, you will have numerous opportunities to ask questions about the unique problems you’re facing during these unprecedented times. This program runs from 12:30 – 4:00 eastern, with a 30-minute break from 2:00 – 2:30 eastern.
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition (register by May 13): $340
- Standard Tuition (register May 14-27): $380
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through May 13. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through May 13.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.