Welcome to the post-pandemic workplace. We’ve focused our weeklong Managing Federal Employee Accountability program and made it even more timely and useful, specific to challenges your agencies are facing in 2021. If you’re a federal supervisor, an adviser in L/ER or legal, or a union representative, you can’t afford to miss this program.
This week of half-day programs covers a range of topics including:
- Employee accountability for conduct and performance
- Managing leave abuse
- Handling EEO challenges related to COVID-19
- Complaints of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin
- Handling Telework requests as employees return to the office
On the fifth and final day of training, attendees will apply all they’ve learned from the previous four days to handle these challenges in remote work environments.
This open enrollment FELTG Virtual Training Institute program offers opportunities to ask questions of FELTG’s experienced instructors, and get answers in real time. Registrants can attend the full week, or select which days they’d like to attend.
This program runs from 12:30 – 4:00 PM ET each day, with a 30-minute break from 2:00 – 2:30 PM ET.
Monday, July 26
Understanding Misconduct: Disciplinary Charges and Penalties:
- Legal foundations of disciplinary actions
- The five elements of discipline
- Drafting defensible charges and penalties under a new MSPB
Tuesday, July 27
Maximizing Accountability in Performance:
- The legislative and regulatory background
- Environment, system requirements, elements and standards
- Understanding the difference between conduct and performance feedback
- Writing effective performance plans, MSPB case law on performance plans
- Within-grade increases
- Performance demonstration periods, taking action on unacceptable performance
Wednesday, July 28
Handling Employee Leave Issues:
- General principles regarding leave
- Approval/disapproval of annual leave
- New provisions for Emergency Paid Sick Leave for COVID-19 in 2021
- Accrual of sick leave, eligibility to use sick leave, uses of leave for family care, notification requirements
- Sick leave documentation requirements, discretion in approving sick leave and sick leave abuse, employee eligibility to use FMLA
- Requesting FMLA leave, medical certification requirements, substitution of paid leave, Paid Parental Leave
- Other leave types – LWOP, Disabled Veteran Leave, Leave Transfer, and AWOL.
Thursday, July 29
EEO and COVID-19 in the Federal Workplace:
- Determining whether an employee with COVID-19 or pre-existing respiratory sensitivities should receive a reasonable accommodation
- Taking action against pandemic-related harassment and discrimination
- Discrimination based on race, color, or national origin
Friday, July 30
The 2021 Telework Challenge:
- Holding teleworkers and other remote workers accountable for performance and conduct
- Special telework performance and conduct challenges
- OPM’s telework flexibilities; telework as reasonable accommodation
- Agency options when employees refuse to report to the physical workplace
Most people attend the full training week, but you may opt out of any days you don’t plan to attend.
Early Bird Tuition (register by July 9):
- 1 day = $345
- 2 days = $630
- 3 days = $910
- 4 days = $1195
- 5 days = $1475
Standard Tuition (register July 10-30):
- 1 day = $395
- 2 days = $685
- 3 days = $975
- 4 days = $1285
- 5 days = $1550
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Webex for its Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Webex access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- If an agency wishes to register 10 or more attendees for the full event, a group discount will be applied if all registrations are received and paid for together. Group discount deadline is July 9.
- Can I earn CLE credits or EEO refresher training for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG goes not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended. Attendees may also request a certificate for EEO refresher hours upon completion of this program.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.