Are you curious about how our perceptions of race have been rewired over time? Do you want to explore the negative associations with race and how they perpetuate racial biases? This class is not about blame and shame, it’s about gaining a deeper understanding of how demographic changes in America have impacted our understanding of race. J. Bruce Stewart will delve into the myths of meritocracy, character, and intelligence that have perpetuated racial biases. When racial biases inform policies and practices, it results in unequal treatment and creates a system where some individuals or groups are favored over others. Join us to discover how you can move your agency towards a more inclusive and equitable future.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the negative associations that perpetuate racial myths and shape policies and practices.
- Gain insight into the power of networks and stories in challenging the race myth and how to shift towards a more inclusive future.
- Develop strategies and tactics to dismantle racial bias in their own communities and confront their own biases.
This session meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
This session is a part of FELTG’s weeklong virtual training event Federal Workplace 2023: Accountability, Challenges, and Trends. Visit here for more information on the full event.
Date and Time
August 2, 2023, 1 – 4:30 pm ET
J. Bruce Stewart
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition (register by July 6): $395
- Standard Tuition (register July 7 or later): $495
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through July 6. Contact FELTG. REGISTER NOW.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through July 6.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.