It’s critical to stay updated on the always-evolving issue of accommodation, whether you’re a supervisor/manager, an HR professional, or an EEO specialist. And if you think reasonable
accommodation has been evolving a little more quickly than usual, well, you are correct.
In just the last couple of months:
- The Supreme Court upended decades of precedent regarding the undue hardship standard for religious accommodation.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission started accepting charges under the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA).
- The EEOC continues to process numerous claims regarding reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Join Attorney and FELTG Instructor Katherine Atkinson for this two-hour review of all things new in the world of accommodation. She’ll cover the latest developments bulleted above and share detailed guidance for providing effective reasonable accommodations for disability, pregnancy, or religious reasons.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recognize agency responsibilities under the PFWA.
- Define undue hardship and explain how it applies to current religious accommodation requests.
- Effectively conduct the interactive process – and identify when it’s required.
- Determine whether (or not) to ask for more medical documentation.
Fail to stay up to date on accommodation and you could easily find yourself on the wrong side of a complaint. Join us!
Date and Time
November 7, 2023
1 – 3 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (register by October 23)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (register after October 23)
- Rates per registrant
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals for the full event. Group discounts are available through October 23.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.