Download Individual Registration Form
This week focuses on conducting administrative investigations in the federal workplace with an emphasis on employee misconduct including workplace harassment. After an overview of the substantive law, participants will learn procedures and best practices for conducting investigations in the federal workplace, including planning the investigation, factfinding, collecting evidence, dealing with witnesses, understanding types of questioning, and testifying at hearing. The week concludes with a day focused on writing an investigative report.
This program fulfills the requirements for 32-hour EEO Investigator training and 8-hour annual EEO investigator refresher training.
This program runs from 9:30 – 4:00 eastern each day, with a 60-minute break from 12:00 – 1:00. See blow for a detailed agenda.
Download Individual Registration Form
Ann Boehm, Katherine Atkinson, Meghan Droste
Administrative Investigations: The Substantive Basis: Why investigate; discipline law and elements; understanding charges of misconduct; collecting penalty evidence; the law behind other types of administrative investigations; reprisal investigations.
Harassment Investigations: Investigating allegations of harassment; differentiating between EEO and non-EEO harassment; the EEO process for EEO investigators; special topics.
Conducting the Investigation, Part I: Evidentiary principles; witness rights; union representation; purpose of investigation; preparing for the investigation; role of the investigator; planning the investigation; beginning the interview; exercise.
Conducting the Investigation, Part II: Conducting the interview; handling difficult witnesses; assessing credibility/lies/hearing what isn’t said; body language; gathering other evidence; technology and investigations; high-profile case considerations; medical information and investigations.
Writing the Investigative Report: Organizing for the report; establishing the chronology; writing for your audience; report writing style; report writing conventions; report organization; sample report.
Most people attend the full training week, but you may opt out of any days you don’t plan to attend.
Early Bird Tuition (register by November 2):
- 5 days = $2190
- 4 days = $1795
- 3 days = $1385
- 2 days = $980
- 1 day = $540
Standard Tuition (register November 3-20):
- 5 days = $2290
- 4 days = $1895
- 3 days = $1485
- 2 days = $1080
- 1 day = $640
Group discounts are available through November 2. Contact FELTG.
Seminar registration includes a printed copy of the materials. In order to have the best chance to receive materials by the training date, please register by November 2 and provide a shipping address, and your materials will be sent via USPS Priority Mail. Registrations received after November 2 will also receive printed materials, which will be shipped Priority Mail when registration is received; they may not arrive in time for the training.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Webex to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Webex access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are only available through November 2.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.