Final Agency Decision sounds so, well, “final.” But it most definitely is not. A FAD is appealable, by the complainant, to the EEOC. And many employees have and will continue to take advantage of that opportunity to appeal the agency’s decision. And here’s the thing: The EEOC’s decisions are filled with reversals of the agency’s FAD, finding no discrimination.
How do you avoid such a disappointing decision?
Learn how to write an effective final agency decision. To do that requires a knowing and understanding of discrimination law, as it is uniquely applied to the Federal workplace.
That’s what FELTG Instructor and Attorney at Law Katherine Atkinson will teach you over two half-days of virtual training. Attendees will leave with all they need to know to write an effective FAD, including identifying and avoiding the pitfalls that often lead to the EEOC reversals that plague so many EEO professionals.
This program meets the President’s mandate to provide training on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the Federal workplace.
Tuesday, August 29
Applying Theories of Discrimination: EEO Law Overview; Intentional Discrimination; Disparate Impact; Hostile Work Environment; Reasonable Accommodation; Retaliation; Overlapping Forms of Discrimination.
Wednesday, August 30
Writing the Report: Timeliness Issues; Effective Legal Writing: structure and language; FAD Legal Sufficiency; Deconstruction Exercise.
Date and Time
August 29-30, 2023
1-4:30 pm ET each day (with a 30-minute break)
- Early Bird Tuition: $395 per session, $725 for both sessions (register by August 14).
- Standard Tuition: $495 per session, $825 for both sessions (register August 15-30).
- Rates per registrant. No split registrations permitted.
- Want to register a group? Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG will use Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- If an agency wishes to register 10 or more attendees for the full event, a group discount will be applied if all registrations are received and paid for together. Group discount deadline is August 14.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.