A reference to dinosaurs, a joke about retirement, or a snide “OK Boomer” – nothing wrong with that if it’s just in fun, right? Wrong! And if you think those are the only actions that’ll lead to an age discrimination claim, you’re wrong again.
Join Attorney and FELTG Instructor Meghan Droste for a 60-minute discussion on age discrimination in the federal workplace to learn you can and can’t say or do when it relates to an employee’s age. Ms. Droste will cover everything from hiring to promotion, and hostile work environment to performance appraisals, as well as the Supreme Court’s recent decision in the DVA case Babb v. Wilkie and what it means for cases going forward. As the federal workforce ages and older employees continue to be the most susceptible to the coronavirus, this is a conversation you cannot afford to miss.
This is the first of four webinars in the Navigating Challenges in the EEO Process series.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the various theories of age discrimination in the federal workplace.
- Identify the types of conduct that give rise to age discrimination claims.
- Know the dos and don’ts when discussing age-related topics in the workplace including retirement, OWBPA, and more.
- Early Bird Tuition: $240 per site, per webinar (payment required by February 23)
- Standard Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payments by February 24)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.