Antisemitism is never acceptable. However, recent remarks by celebrities, athletes, and news networks have made antisemitism seem more commonplace, in all facets of life, including the workplace. Title VII makes it illegal to discriminate against someone based on, among other things, religion and national origin. However, these are two of the protected categories least understood.
In this 60-minute webinar, FELTG Instructor Katherine Atkinson will explain these Title VII protections and agency obligations in detail. Ms. Atkinson will also provide guidance on how to ensure that individuals in protected categories are not discriminated against, with a specific focus on harassment and discrimination against Jewish employees.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recognize incidents of religious harassment, particularly those aimed at Jewish employees.
- Promptly correct harassing behavior aimed at an employee’s religious beliefs.
- Understand when an agency would be liable for religious harassment.
Date and Time
Thursday, March 9, 2023, 1:00 – 2:00pm ET.
- Early Bird Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payment required by February 27)
- Standard Tuition: $295 per site, per webinar (payments made February 28 or later)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $60 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.