Undoubtedly, remote workers have enjoyed the therapeutic benefits that come with owning a pet. But does that make their new furry friends therapy or emotional support animals? And can no-longer-remote employees bring their new four-legged (or sometimes two-legged, or no-legged) friends to the workplace? In most cases, the answer is an easy no. But if it’s a reasonable accommodation request, the answer isn’t quite as definitive. The EEOC’s stance that an emotional support animal may be a required reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability, even if it is not a trained service dog, fails to provide an easy answer.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Determine the difference between a service animal and a therapy animal
- Recognize when an emotional support animal would be a reasonable accommodation
- Effectively navigate the interactive process
Date and Time
May 23, 2024; 1 – 2 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by May 8): $145
- Standard Tuition (register May 9 or later): $195
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through May 8. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through May 8.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.