Your agency has ordered employees to return to the physical workplace, and one of your employees hasn’t shown up for work for three days straight. He hasn’t contacted his supervisor either. Is the best way to discipline the employee to charge him with AWOL? What if he comes up with a reasonable explanation for his absence? Can you deny a leave request when an employee is AWOL?
In this 60-minute presentation, FELTG President Deborah Hopkins will deconstruct the mystery of Absence Without Leave and offer strategies for agencies to take when an employee doesn’t show up for work, plus explain and other scenarios where AWOL applies.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the elements of the charge of Absent Without Leave or Unauthorized Absence
- Determine reasonable penalties when AWOL is charged
- Identify situations where a perceived AWOL might be another type of absence
- Early Bird Tuition: $270 per site (payment required by September 26)
- Standard Tuition: $295 per site (payments made September 27 or later)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.