Resignations and retirements are normally voluntary – but can they become involuntary? How bad is it if a resignation or retirement is judged to be involuntary? Spoiler alert: you DON’T want this to happen to you.
For those answers – and much more – join instructor Barbara Haga on August 17 as she explains what exactly about resignations and retirements make them voluntary, and the management actions that might cause an employee-initiated action to be overturned by the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) as a constructive removal.
She’ll also cover
- Regulatory requirements related to withdrawal of resignations and retirements
- Various problem elements in involuntary separation cases
- Who shares in the responsibility if an employee-initiated action is ruled to be involuntary
- Strategies to avoid so that your agency’s actions won’t be overturned
- A review of relevant MSPB decisions
Plus, you’ll have the chance to ask your questions and get them answered in real time, during this live 90-minute event. The information that will be covered in this seminar is not something you want to learn the hard way! Register your site today.
$270 per site
Teleworkers may be registered for $25 each, in addition to a main site registration. Contingent on available space.