The borderline between on-duty and off-duty became blurred as of late with the omnipresence of social and media and many employees working from home. Yet, one thing has remained clear and constant: If you’re going to discipline someone for what they do on their own time, you need to show a nexus between the employee’s actions and their Federal job. FELTG Instructor Robert Woods will help you untangle your most challenging off-duty misconduct scenarios and illustrate the situations where the conduct is so egregious as to create a rebuttable presumption of nexus.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Demonstrate nexus between the off-duty conduct and the efficiency of the service.
- Understand how Douglas Factor Eight: Notoriety and Agency Reputation can create nexus.
- Select an effective and defensible penalty for off-duty conduct.
- Early Bird Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payment required by May 27)
- Standard Tuition: $295 per site, per webinar (payments made May 28 or later)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.