A few weeks ago the MSPB released a report called Agency Leader Responsibilities Related to Prohibited Personnel Practices. As part of the report, MSPB has mandated training for agency supervisors and employees on whistleblowing, prohibited personnel practices, and the new disciplinary procedures required under the Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act (Kirkpatrick Act) at 5 U.S.C. § 7515.
In some ways, Kirkpatrick discipline looks like traditional Chapter 75 discipline, but in other ways it varies significantly. Don’t be caught unaware. Join FELTG President Deborah Hopkins as she explains all the specifics.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the reasoning behind Kirkpatrick discipline, and the role of the agency head in such actions.
- Identify the three specific PPPs at issue in Kirkpatrick discipline cases.
- Employ the specific requirements for discipline against management officials who reprise against whistleblowers.
- Early Bird Tuition (payment required by July 9): $285
- Standard Tuition (payment made by July or later): $315
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.