- Did you know there were 291 suicides in the workplace in 2016?
- Did you know that suicide is the tenth leading cause of death overall in the United States, and killed over 45,000 people in 2016?
- Did you know that over the past 10 years there has been a 35% increase in the suicide rate in the U.S.?
As the suicide rates rise, the impact is becoming more severe on the workplace; learning how to correctly manage an employee’s suicidal crisis and ideations is increasingly important. Knowing what to do, and when, might save an employee’s life.
It is pertinent for federal agencies to have an understanding of the signs and symptoms an employee may demonstrate that indicates the need for professional help if that employee is suffering with suicidal thoughts.
Join FELTG for this webinar, where instructor Shana Palmieri, LCSW, will discuss:
- An overview of suicide and suicidal ideation in the United States and in the workplace
- A clinical overview of the signs and symptoms of suicide that indicate the need for professional intervention
- Effective communication strategies for talking about suicide with employees
- Practical recommendations for handing a suicidal crisis in the workplace
The webinar will also include time for Q & A on these topics. This is a session you truly can’t afford to miss, so register your site today.
$270 per site
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $25 each, on a space-available basis.