Congratulations, you’ve gone through the interactive process and come up with a reasonable accommodation that both you and the employee think will be effective.
But wait. It’s not over yet.
Over time, accommodations may lose their effectiveness. They may no longer be needed. The nature of the work might change. Or, perhaps, a more effective accommodation has become available. One of the most important, yet often forgotten, parts of the reasonable accommodation process is the follow up, or what FELTG calls the “check-in.” It’s more important than ever for agencies to be aware of the benefits and pitfalls of revisiting existing accommodations.
And as employees have begun returning to the physical workplace at least a few days a month, now may be the time to re-evaluate the effectiveness of employees’ reasonable accommodations.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Restart the interactive process when necessary
- Make an appropriate, individualized reasonable accommodation determination
- Determine if telework is an effective accommodation
Date and Time
Thursday, March 14, 2024, 1 – 2 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by February 28): $145
- Standard Tuition (register February 29 or later): $195
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through February 28. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through February 28.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.