February 8, 2018 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm America/New York Timezone
Deborah Hopkins, Shana Palmieri
FELTG proudly presents this four-part series on dealing with behavioral health issues in the federal workplace. Join us for one session, or register for them all.
Session 1: Handling Behavioral Health: Legal Considerations and Clinical Overview (February 8)
- Legal considerations for managing employees with a behavioral health disability
- Disability Accommodation
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Overview of Behavioral Health Conditions & Symptoms
- Effective Accommodations for Behavioral Health Conditions
- Effective Communication and Supervision/Management Strategies for Employees with Behavioral Health Conditions
Session 2: Successful Management and Supervision of Employees with PTSD (February 22)
- An in-depth understanding of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Symptoms, Causes, and Prevalence
- Overview of how symptoms of how PTSD symptoms impact performance in the workplace
- Learn Effective Management and Supervision strategies to support employees in the workplace
- Learn how to effectively assist an employee in the workplace having a crisis due to PTSD symptoms
Session 3: Managing Employees with Substance Use Disorders (March 8)
- Overview of substance use disorders, causes and prevalence
- Legal considers in the workplace for employees with substance abuse disorders
- What is protected and what is reason for termination
- How to handle intoxication in the workplace
- How to handle employees positive for cannabis (marijuana) on their drug test
- Learn how to effectively manage and support employees recovering from substance use disorders in the workplace
Session 4: Handling a Psychiatric Crisis in the Workplace (March 22)
- Overview of behavioral health symptoms that may present as a crisis in the workplace
- Suicidal Ideation and how to handle in the workplace
- Steps to take in the workplace with an employee experiencing a psychiatric crisis
- $220 per site, per session.
- Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $25 each teleworker, each webinar, on a space-available basis.
- Special series discounts available through Feb. 3. See registration form for details.