Join FELTG Instructor Joe Schimansky for this two-part webinar series on the timely and challenging federal labor relation topics your agency is facing. A new era of federal LR was ushered in with President Trump’s three executive orders, which cleared court review in 2019. Mr. Schimansky will explain how the EOs and FLRA case law have changed negotiations over the past few months, and he’ll share new bargaining strategies that have emerged in the current climate.
But first, the webinar series will kick off with an explanation of the union’s right to be involved in discussions. You’ll learn when meetings become formal discussions or Weingarten meetings, and what to do when an employee requests union representation.
Sessions will be held on Thursdays from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET.
- September 3, 2020 – Meeting Your Responsibility When Discussions Become Formal: Union rights and responsibilities; management obligations; what a union rep can and cannot do during a formal discussion; what constitutes a reasonable belief the discipline may occur; EEO-related meetings.
- September 17, 2020 – The Changing World of Federal Sector Negotiations: Bargaining obligations; status quo; permissive bargaining; conditions of employment vs. working conditions; the Trump Executive Orders; three categories of bargaining
- Early Bird Tuition: $240 per site, per webinar (payment required by August 24)
- Standard Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payments made August 24-September 17)
- Register for both webinars by August 24 and pay only $470!
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $40 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.