The Bureau of Labor Statistics report on occupational fatalities, released in late 2019, revealed an alarming trend: Workplace suicides had risen by 11 percent since the previous year, and reached the highest number since the report began tracking these fatalities 26 years ago. This tragic phenomenon of workplace suicides is a growing concern and has been dubbed “the next frontier” in workplace safety.
Join Shana Palmieri, LCSW, for this 90-minute webinar as she discusses the practical and clinical aspects of behavioral health disorders that lead to suicide risk. She will also provide an overview of suicide and suicidal ideation in the United States and in the workplace, and share real answers on what you can do to help save an employee’s life. This is the second webinar in our three-part series on Handling Behavioral Health Issues in the Federal Workplace.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of suicide that indicate the need for professional intervention
- Effectively communicate to employees about suicide
- Handle a suicidal crisis in the workplace
The webinar will also include time for Q & A on these topics. This is a session you truly can’t afford to miss, so register your site today.
- Early Bird Tuition: $275 per site, per session (payment made by May 12).
- Standard Tuition: $305 per site, per session (payment made May 13 or later).
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $40 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.