Workplace violence statistics tell a harrowing story. In 2017, workplace assaults resulted in 458 fatalities and 18,400 injuries.
This topic is too important to ignore. Join FELTG for the webinar Threats of Violence in the Federal Workplace: Assessing Risk and Taking Action. This program will be instructed by Shana Palmieri, FELTG instructor and LCSW who specializes in mental health and handled the psychiatric aftermath of the Navy Yard shooting in 2013.
The session is focused on the practical and clinical issues that agencies encounter when dealing with an employee whose behavior poses a risk to workplace safety. Discussion points include:
- Warning signs that violence may be imminent, and dynamic risk and protective factors for workplace targeted violence
- Equipping Threat Management Teams to respond to threats or violent acts
- Understanding the behavioral health issues that contribute to violent behavior – and those that don’t
- Preparing for domestic or intimate partner violence and its interplay with the federal workplace
The webinar will also include time for Q & A on these topics. This is a session you truly can’t afford to miss, so register your site today. This is the final webinar of FELTG’s three-part series Handling Behavioral Health Issues in the Federal Workplace.
- Early Bird Tuition: $275 per site, per session (payment made by May 12).
- Standard Tuition: $305 per site, per session (payment made May 13 or later).
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $40 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.