There is a lot of confusion about where the authority comes from to hold employees accountable for many things related to their positions. Position descriptions, performance plans, conduct standards, as well as requirements for training and licenses/certifications all fit into this scheme.
This two-part series will help you navigate which tool works best for building in the accountability that your agency should demand. In Part I, the focus will be on establishing effective performance elements and standards. This workshop will include detailed on guidance on writing measures that are understandable and workable as well as defensible.
FELTG Senior Instructor Barbara Haga will explain requirements for establishing various kinds of elements as well as writing standards that measure what is truly important about an employee’s performance. This workshop will include discussion of important MSPB cases about the content of standards.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify what critical elements and performance standards are intended to cover
- Craft workable standards that managers can explain and can effectively measure the key things regarding an employee’s performance
- Understand concepts from MSPB case law that explain how to write standards which will withstand scrutiny in grievances and appeals
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 per site, per webinar (payment required by March 28)
- Standard Tuition: $335 per site, per webinar (payments made March 29 or later)
Register for both webinars by March 28 and pay only $570!
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, per webinar, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.