Navigating the FMLA is one of the most complex challenges a federal agency can face unless, of course, it is navigating the ADA at the same time. What’s the difference between a serious health condition and an ADA disability? Does the FMLA limit on leave apply to a reasonable accommodation of leave? This 60-minute webinar will compare and contrast coverage under the FMLA and coverage under the ADA, discuss the tricky role of medical documentation, and review leave under the FMLA and as a reasonable accommodation.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify areas and situations in which the ADA and FMLA intersect
- Determine whether a condition is covered by the ADA, FMLA, or both.
- Assess when leave is an appropriate accommodation.
This is the second of four webinars in FELTG’s 2021 Navigating Challenges in the EEO Process series.
EEO Refresher Hours: 1
- Early Bird Tuition: $240 per site, per webinar (payment required by February 23)
- Standard Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payments made by February 24)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.