Absence due to illness has changed the landscape in dealing with federal workplace issues. Problems arise when employees are absent – let alone the huge amounts of leave entitlements tied to family member medical conditions.
Administering sick leave can be complicated, and proper documentation is critical. The Family & Medical Leave Act adds an additional layer of complexity to these illness-related absences. When can you require medical examinations? When can you take action on excessive absences?
If you need more information on absence related to illness so you are able to answer those tough questions on sick leave and FMLA – or if you want to ensure that the adverse action case you assemble will withstand the scrutiny of the MSPB – then this webinar series is custom-made for you.
While the near future of the Merit Systems Protection Board remains uncertain, Ms. Haga is staying on top of the situation and will provide attendees with the most up-to-date information they need to know.
Join instructor Barbara Haga for any or all of the sessions as she guides you through these thorny issues.
- Session 1 – Sick Leave, Part I (October 16)
- Earning and accumulation
- Authorized uses of sick leave
- Family care sick leave – documentation and limits
- Advance sick leave
- Session 2 – Sick Leave, Part II (October 30)
- Notice requirements
- Definition of “serious health condition”
- Substitution of paid leave for FMLA LWOP
- Medical certification – what is required and what needs to be in it
- Sick leave abuse
- Medical examinations
- Taking action on sick leave-related absences
- Session 3 – Understanding FMLA (November 13)
- Basic entitlement
- Notice requirements
- FMLA Medical certification requirements
- Discipline and FMLA – excessive absence, falsified information, failure to comply with notice requirements, last chance agreements
You’ll have the chance to ask your questions, and get them answered in real time, during each of these 90-minute sessions. Register your site today.
Early Bird Tuition: $275 per webinar per site (registration submitted by October 7)
Standard Tuition: $305 per webinar per site (registration submitted October 8 or later)
Register for all three webinars by October 7 and pay only $795.
Add a teleworker for $35 per webinar, in addition to a main site registration, if space permits.
If you want to effectively address poor performance and create an agency that capably holds its employees accountable, there is one place where you need to start. That’s your agency’s performance appraisal system. In order to hold employees accountable, agencies need to set expectations on what the job requires, and how employees will be rated.
Over the course of this 90-minute webinar, instructor Barbara Haga will explain your options for designing an appraisal system that meets the legal and regulatory requirements while helping foster accountability. She’ll explain the types of elements that can be used, as well as summary and element rating choices.
Attend this webinar and you’ll learn how to:
- Build accountability into your performance systems
- Minimize the burden on supervisors in taking action on performance below the Fully Successful level
- Train managers, reviewers, and employees to ensure successful implementation
It’s time you took that first step toward holding employees accountable. Join Ms. Haga and find out how to create and implement a performance appraisal plan and reap the accountability rewards. Register today.
Early Bird Tuition: $275 per site (payment required by November 25)
Standard Tuition: $305 per site (for payments made November 26 or later)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $35 each, if space is available.