While you might be familiar with the legal requirements for reasonable accommodation of individuals with mental disabilities, do you know the necessary steps to take when an employee with a behavioral health issue has an episode in the workplace? What should supervisors, HR professionals or medical professionals do if an employee shows up to work under the influence of alcohol or drugs? What if the employee threatens violence, or suicide?
Crisis management in the federal workplace is a critical area to understand – it is truly life and death. Join FELTG Executive Director Deborah Hopkins and Shana Palmieri, Director of Community Services and Behavioral Health at the Kalihi-Palama Health Center, for the 90-minute webinar Dealing with Behavioral Health Issues in the Federal Workplace.
The session will begin with an overview of the need-to-knows about accommodating individuals with mental disabilities and other behavioral health issues. From there the conversation will shift to:
- Types of mental disabilities and how they may exhibit in the workplace
- How to react during a crisis situation
- Handling threats of violence in the workplace
- Dealing with suicidal employees
- Dos and don’ts when working with people who have behavioral health issues
This is a session you truly can’t afford to miss.