Resignations and retirements are normally voluntary – but can they become involuntary? How bad is it if a resignation or retirement is judged to be involuntary? Spoiler alert: you DON’T want this to happen to you.
For those answers – and much more – join instructor Barbara Haga as she explains what exactly about resignations and retirements make them voluntary, and the management actions that might cause an employee-initiated action to be overturned by the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) as a constructive removal.
She’ll also cover
- Regulatory requirements related to withdrawal of resignations and retirements
- Various problem elements in involuntary separation cases
- Who shares in the responsibility if an employee-initiated action is ruled to be involuntary
- Strategies to avoid so that your agency’s actions won’t be overturned
- A review of relevant MSPB decisions
The information that will be covered in this seminar is not something you want to learn the hard way!