Any effective misconduct investigation starts with a solid foundation of the law and an understanding of the full scope of your investigation.
In this two-hour class, Ann Boehm will explain the principles that underpin a successful investigation of federal employee misconduct and harassment, including the five elements of discipline, evidence standards, burdens of proof, and more. She’ll share guidance on developing the investigation, from creating a plan to determining who to interview and gathering relevant documents.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the relationship between the foundations of federal accountability and misconduct investigations.
- Recognize the mistakes that derail effective misconduct and harassment investigations.
- Discern the difference between EEO and non-EEO harassment.
Date and Time
January 17, 2024, 1 – 3 pm ET
- Early Bird Tuition (register by January 2): $345
- Standard Tuition (register January 3-17): $385
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through January 2. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through January 2.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.