Performance appraisals. End of cycle ratings on tough-to-track elements. Discussing performance problems with employees. Taking defensible performance actions. Dealing with generic performance plans. Understanding when an issue is best dealt with through performance and when conduct would be a better answer.
If you really want to make performance a priority for your team, especially as you juggle the work of remote and onsite employees, as well as those working a hybrid schedule, then join us for this new half-day virtual training from FELTG Senior Instructor Barbara Haga.
Ms. Haga will take the mystery out of how the system is supposed to work in the Federal government by helping you review your own performance plans to see what’s good and what needs tweaking. She’ll also explain understand appraisal system requirements, including documenting performance and the the importance of timely and effective feedback. Ms. Haga will review important concepts about developing workable performance plans and how to differentiate between conduct and performance matters. The session will include discussion of the necessary steps to take action on deficient. performance improvement plans, and will also guide you through challenging issues like managing a poor performer who requests reasonable accommodation.
- Early Bird Tuition (register by July 12): $355
- Standard Tuition (register July 13 or later): $395
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through July 12. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through July 12.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.