You may think pregnancy discrimination is rare. And you’d be wrong. The number of pregnancy discrimination claims filed with the EEOC has increased steadily over the last two decades, and is currently “hovering near an all-time high.”
Meanwhile, the increase in pregnancy discrimination has disproportionately impacted women of color.
The actions that lead to claims are varied. They including employees getting passed over for promotions, raises, physically demanding jobs, or risky assignments, being terminated; not being hired — all because the employee is pregnant.
Join Ann Boehm for this two-hour virtual training, where she will explain the purpose and coverage of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, discuss the cross-roads between FMLA and PPL, caregiver discrimination, and accommodation issues.
Who Should Attend
Federal supervisors and managers; attorneys; Labor and Employee Relations Specialists; EEO specialists; union representatives.
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 per session (register by July 27).
- Standard Tuition: $345 per session (register July 28-August 10).
- Rates per registrant. No split registrations permitted.
- Want to register a group? Contact FELTG. Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available until July 27.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for its Virtual Training Institute events. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG also plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- If an agency wishes to register 10 or more attendees for the full event, a group discount will be applied if all registrations are received and paid for together. Group discount deadline is July 27.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.