Download Individual Registration Form
President Biden’s Executive Order requires all Federal employees to be vaccinated with no option for regular coronavirus testing to opt out of the mandate. What does this mean for employees who refuse to get vaccinated? Are there any religious exemptions that would allow employees to continue to work without vaccination? What about employees who cannot get vaccinated due to a disability – can agencies accommodate them?
Attorney Katherine Atkinson will not only share with you the latest guidance from the president’s EO, the EEOC and the CDC, but she will also explain how applying the basic EEO framework can answer the aforementioned and other puzzling EEO questions you may suddenly face. Because Ms. Atkinson will use a legal analysis to address these challenges, the answers and guidance you receive during this virtual training will be useful long after the coronavirus is gone.
Beyond the vaccination mandate, Ms. Atkinson will also help you answer the following questions and more:
- Is an employee with asymptomatic COVID-19 an individual with a disability under the ADA and Rehabilitation Act?
- Do more employees have potential retaliation claims now, even though the vaccine mandate is enjoined?
- What should your agency do with pending vaccine exemption requests?
Plus, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the unique problems you’re facing during these unprecedented times.
Attendees will learn how to determine:
- Whether an unvaccinated employee creates an undue hardship to an agency’s operations in the religious accommodation context
- How the undue hardship determination is different for an employee who requested accommodation due to a disability
- How to spot pandemic-related retaliation that constitutes a legal violation
This program runs from 1:00 – 4:30 eastern, with a 30-minute break from 2:30 – 3:00 eastern.
- Early Bird Tuition (register by January 24): $355
- Standard Tuition (register January 25 or later): $395
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through January 24. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through January 24.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.