It may seem that you or your coworkers are a little more on edge lately. Most likely, you or they are. Nearly 8 million adults annually experienced Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome in a given year – and that data was collected before the pandemic. More recent studies show increases in stress, anxiety, and PTSD among adults, and at the same time agencies are planning to bring employees back to the physical workspace. Attendees will learn how PTSD, stress, and anxiety could manifest in the workplace and how agencies can create success for employees with these mental health conditions.
The rates of anxiety and depression among U.S. adults increased times 4 between April 2020 and August 2021, compared to 2019. Prior to the pandemic anxiety rates hovered between 7.4% – 8.6% of U.S. adults, compared to 28.2% and 37.2% after the pandemic hit. Similarly, for depressive symptoms prior to the pandemic, the rates hovered between 5.9% -7.5% compared to 20.2% to 31.1% after the pandemic.
This FELTG training will supply your agency with the tools of knowledge, awareness and interventions to support a healthy, successful and productive workforce.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of symptom profile and the impact on work performance
- Overview of workplace accommodations for mental health conditions
- Management strategies to provide support and improve productivity
- Effective communication techniques and strategies
- How to develop a plan and handle a behavioral health crisis in the workplace
This class focuses on the practical and clinical side of managing employees who have experienced stress, anxiety, and PTSD, rather than the legal side. This class will be held from 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET.
- Early Bird Tuition: $295 (register by April 1)
- Standard Tuition: $325 (register April 2 or later)
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts for 10 or more attendees are available through April 1. Contact FELTG.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom for this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device. You may also attend the training event as an audio training, by dialing in over the phone and following along with the materials independently.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- What if I want to attend a session but have a schedule conflict?
- FELTG plans to offer this live event periodically, so check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more individuals. Group discounts are available through April 1.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.