Leave is an ever-changing topic and 2022 is no exception. The passage of the NDAA for FY 2022 created a new type of leave: Parental Bereavement Leave, which allows for two weeks of paid time off in the event of death of a son or daughter. The devil, of course, is in the details. Which employees are covered? How is son or daughter defined? As if that wasn’t enough, the NDAA for FY 2021 made a change to the type of service that is qualifying to become FMLA eligible, and the regulations implementing the Paid Parental Leave Act issued in 2020 made some changes to the basic FMLA entitlement. The session will cover these changes, as well as leave in COVID-related situations.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recognize appropriate uses of sick leave.
- Determine who is eligible for FMLA and when.
- Discuss eligibility and proper uses of Paid Parental Leave.
- Early Bird Tuition: $270 per site, per webinar (payment required by June 30)
- Standard Tuition: $295 per site, per webinar (payments made July 1 or later)
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $50 per teleworker, on a space-available basis.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.