The Federal hiring process requires patience. If you’ve finally been granted approval to fill a position, you may be tempted to get someone hired as quickly as possible.
This interactive training will prepare supervisors and managers for conducting legal and successful job interviews, and will help agency advisors who assist managers in the hiring process. Barbara Haga will share guidance on how to make the most out of interviewing and checking references, from crafting an accurate position description, to asking the right questions, to assessing a candidate’s ability to perform the job. Ms. Haga will also throw back the curtains on perennial questions, such as: Are we required to interview all candidates? Do we have to ask all candidates the same exact questions? How do you use behavior-based questions to get answers about depth of experience or knowledge? What can or can’t you ask during a reference check?
Attendees will learn how to:
- Prepare defensible questions for applicants.
- Identify hiring practices that work and those to avoid.
- Get critical job-related information from current and past supervisors.
This session is a part of FELTG’s weeklong virtual training event Federal Workplace 2023: Accountability, Challenges, and Trends. Visit here for more information on the full event.
Date and Time
August 3, 2023, 1 – 4:30 pm ET
Download Individual Registration Form
- Early Bird Tuition (register by July 6): $395
- Standard Tuition (register July 7 or later): $495
- Rates per registrant.
- Want to register a group? Group discounts are available through July 6. Contact FELTG. REGISTER NOW.
- Can I attend Virtual Training from my government computer?
- FELTG uses Zoom to broadcast this Virtual Training Institute event. Many government computers and systems allow Zoom access. If for some reason your firewall will not allow access, you’re welcome to use your personal email address to register, and to attend the sessions from your personal device.
- Can I earn CLE credits for this class?
- CLE applications are the responsibility of each attendee; FELTG does not apply for the credits on behalf of attendees. If you are seeking CLE credit, attendees may use the materials provided by FELTG in submission to your state bar. Attendees may also request a certificate of completion which will contain the number of training hours attended.
- Can I share my access link with co-workers?
- No. Registration for this event is per individual, and access links may not be shared. Each link may only be used by one person.
- Can I register a teleworker?
- This event is individual registration, so the cost is the same whether the person is teleworking or in an agency facility.
- How do I receive a group rate discount?
- Group rates are available for agencies registering 10 or more attendees for the full event. Group discounts are available through July 6.
Cancellation and No-show Policy for Registered Participants: Cancellations made after the cancel date on the registration form will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. Pre-paid training using the “Pay Now” option will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses. No-shows will not be refunded or given credit toward future courses.